Gratitude List 31/05/2018
Continued from yesterday, I now move onto my hearing. My hearing has never been 100% but even right now I can hear colleagues talking and some keyboard tapping. In fact, I’m going to get up and turn on the radio, it’s too quiet…… Blur – Country House, that’s better 😊. Which brings me nicely on to my list:
– Hearing music. I can’t imagine life without music. It brings me joy, brings me tears, gets my fingers and feet tapping, gives me goosebumps and has the ability to take me back to a specific time and place.
– Hearing nature. It wouldn’t be the same if the birds didn’t sing, the waves didn’t crash, the rain didn’t patter or the leaves didn’t rustle in the wind.
– Hearing laughter. Whether it’s someone I know and love or a complete stranger on the bus, if someone is laughing it instantly brings a smile to my face. When someone is laughing uncontrollably, I can’t help but start myself 😂.
– Hearing shares. I know exactly where I would be had I not heard the magic of similarity, experience, strength and hope. It is not a good place.
– Hearing everything else. Can’t imagine not being able to hear. I know things can change so whilst I can I will do my upmost to appreciate every single thing.