Gratitude List 04/09/2018
Taking myself out of my comfort zone is not easy but sometimes it’s very important I do so. The problem with me is I think I’m self protecting. The truth is, some self protection can fester inside and end up causing me harm. Also, my self protection is often linked to people pleasing and protecting others.
My gratitude list today reflects on the moments I have been able to take myself out of my comfort zone and listen to my God’s conscience. None were easy and a lot of prayer and courage was required.
– being honest with another with regards to how they harmed my feelings (if my higher power’s wisdom guides me so).
– being honest with myself and admitting where I could have done better.
– accepting an opinion as just an opinion when another expresses their thoughts towards someone I care for.
– accepting I am running late and there’s nothing I can do about letting another down.
– doing something another has asked me to do when I feel it’s not justified.
– saying no to another.
I am a loooooooooong way from being able to do the above perfectly. In a few cases I have only recently found the courage and strength. I am grateful for their progression.