Gratitude List 08/09/2018
Today my gratitude revolves around my relationship with my children. Since working on a better me, our relationship has improved tenfold. I don’t know why, but it wasn’t easy. For whatever reason, improving my relationships with those I love the most were the most difficult. My tolerance levels were lower, as was my consideration and patience levels. With that, my anger and frustration levels were higher. Thankfully I am in a much better place. It’s no way near perfect – some days are still more difficult than others. Some days I still treat the ones I love worse than a colleague at work or someone I pass in the street. Strange man I am.
Today I am grateful for the huge improvement and below are some of the reasons why….
– I have worked hard on my recovery, in particular a fearless, honest and moral look at my self.
– I unlocked my past and became willing to learn from it.
– I have found a power greater than myself. When connected I’m just better. It’s as simple as that.
– I practice gratitude. This has changed the way I think about life and every person I meet and every situation I find myself in.
– I regularly put myself in positions where I witness recovery, experience, strength and hope in others.
– I can recognise my defects as and when they arise.