Gratitude List 10/09/2018
As I reflect on the last couple of years I can identify certain moments that have shaped who I am today. Moments that have sent me in a particular direction. Had I not experienced these, I wouldn’t be where I am right now, which is exactly where I should be. I believe that. Every single moment was meant to happen. As is this very moment. Some moments are subtle and appear insignificant but they all matter.
Today, my gratitude list reflects on the bigger moments – turning points that have changed my life.
– Hitting my rock bottom.
– My friend refusing to lend me money.
– Having no option but to come clean.
– Coming clean.
– Having knowledge of a fellowship and the fact it had worked for me in the past.
– Finding open-mindedness. I wasn’t trying to find it but it found me.
– Being desperate for change despite having 6 months of abstinence.
– Doing exactly what somebody suggested to me. Doing it their way, not mine.
– Putting in some diligent effort for the first time in my life.
– Finding humility and a power greater than myself whilst reading the Big Book. Both within a few seconds. My first spiritual experience.
– Putting pen to paper and unlocking my past, and using the information/tool to better myself.
– Having a sudden urge to give up caffeine. The first time I recognised a decision that didn’t come from me.
– Giving up watching porn. The first time I gave up something without realising I had. Again, nothing to do with me.
– Telling another my deepest darkest secrets. My biggest spiritual experience so far.
– Forgiving my dad and telling him I love him. It had been a long time.
– Taking on service. Doing something for others.