Gratitude List 30/09/2018
I needed my parents to show me how to talk, I needed a teacher to teach me how to read and write, I needed a tutor to show me how to drive, I needed a doctor to prescribe me with the right medicine to overcome an infection. I could go on and on. Throughout my life, I have learnt how to do things with the help and guidance of someone with experience. Why oh why did I think I could recover from a cunning, baffling and insidious illness all by myself?
– Today I am grateful I finally realised I needed help.
– Today I am grateful I found the courage to ask for help.
– Today I am grateful help was there waiting. (Imagine it wasn’t)
– Today I am grateful this help came in the form of someone who had what I wanted.
– Today I am grateful this person had the experience through being guided by someone else who had the experience through being guided by someone else who had….. and so on and so on.
– Today I am grateful that this person was willing to give his time to guide me in exactly the same way he once was.
– Today I am grateful it’s far easier to learn from someone. I can stop thinking, stop deciding and simply follow their instructions.
– Today I am grateful that like every other thing I have been taught, learning from another on how to recover from this very serious illness is no different – it works!!
– Today I am grateful I have learnt that ‘thinking I could do it by myself’ was yet another symptom.
Grateful for the memory
Blackfriars, London, 2016