Gratitude List 06/10/2018
I’m currently on my way back from an afternoon down Leicester Square with my girlfriend and daughter. We had bought tickets for my daughter’s birthday to go and see The Greatest Showman Singalong at the Prince Charles Cinema. I cannot begin to tell you how much joy we all had. My throat is sore from all the singing and my cheeks are aching from all the laughing. My two left feet even did a bit of dancing (contemporary without it meaning to be). A beautiful time with two beautiful people, inside and out.
Today I am grateful:
– I was looking forward to going and spending time with my loved ones. I remember this somewhat natural and obvious feeling wasn’t always the case.
– I am able to genuinely enjoy myself, instead of putting on my happy mask and hiding whatever inner turmoil my addiction had created. My body language rarely lies these days.
– their happiness means the world to me. It always has done, but my actions didn’t always reflect in the same way. Today my actions do.
– they get along so well. I was so scared they wouldn’t get on. I tried to manage that fear by managing their relationship. Safe to say, once I stopped doing that, it got better and my fear has diminished.
– that both of them make me laugh. Having fun and enjoying life is a true blessing. I’m very fortunate to have found happiness and joy. Finding gratitude has a lot to do with that!
– that both of them make me smile. They don’t have to do anything, just be. All I need to do is think of them and I feel truly blessed. Life is precious, and I want to spend most of it with a smile on my face.
Grateful for the memory
London, Sunrise in November 2016