Gratitude List 17/10/2018
Yesterday, I woke my body up from it’s slumber by going to the gym for the first time in about ten days. Ten days!! I reiterate because this is a good thing. A great thing. In the past, if I slipped into a bad habit, it could take months if not years for me to renew my efforts and try again. The longer it went on, the harder it would be to restart. More proof that the recovery program and my connection with a greater power is working. This enables me to recognise the fact my ‘self’ has retaken some control. It also gives me the strength and courage to take the necessary action.
Today I am grateful:
– for being open and honest about my slip with others, which gave me a release and some accountability.
– for the ability to nip things in the bud sooner rather than later.
– that the harm I cause myself, and the potential harm I could cause others, is shorter lived.
– that I feel so much better and inspired to take more positive action.
– for previous successes that gave me the confidence to make that vital first step.
– that this success will provide further confidence for doing more of the same in the future.
– for the fact and knowing that recovery works.
Grateful for the memory
Sunset, Northaw, UK 2016