Gratitude List 05/11/2018
Yesterday was tough. My recovery was tested as I was met by challenge after challenge. At times, I felt all was going well and at other times I felt I was failing – failing to use the tools recovery has given me. As I reflect on how the day panned out I can honestly say the day went brilliantly.
Today I am grateful for….
– my consideration. I continuously considered what the other person could be going through.
– my tolerance. I tolerated words and behaviour that didn’t match my values.
– my lack of expectation. I didn’t expect people to think and act like I do.
– my honesty. I had the courage to be honest about my feelings when that invisible line was crossed. Thanks wisdom!
– my calmness. I managed to stay calm and composed during the times I was expressing honesty.
– my forgiveness. I was able to quickly forgive things I would have struggled to forgive in the past.
– my serenity. Like my happiness, my serenity was affected far less than usual.
– my connection. Despite the difficulties, for the main, I stayed connected with my greater power. This was a conscious effort.
– my humility. It wasn’t perfect but I was humble enough to recognise when self had taken control.
– the outcome. The day didn’t progress in the wrong direction. At no point did it progress to anger, hate, regret or guilt. Instead, it etched its way back in the right direction. Kind words, appreciation and hugs were shared. Smiles returned.