Gratitude List 16/12/2018
Two years ago, my reaction to being harmed would have been completely different. 24 hours on I would have still been reeling with resentment, I’d still be suffering with fear and I’d still be wallowing in self-pity. My defects of character would be running a mock and running the show too.
Thanks to the recovery program, 24 hours on I am in a much better place.
Today I am grateful:
– my resentment was over within minutes.
– a fear didn’t have time to manifest.
– like fear, self-pity didn’t have time to develop.
– I was able to forgive when I really didn’t want to.
– I saw my part and how I was to blame.
– I quickly gave up on trying to control the other.
– for my past and the lessons I have learnt.
– the relationship and our happiness hardly suffered.
– my strengths of character outfought my defects.
– that my willingness to let go and let God was strong. Stronger than my self-will.
– I only regret an hour of my behaviour and not 24.