Gratitude List 18/12/2018
Progression – ‘the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.’
The word progression is often used in recovery. It’s what I aim for.
Today I am grateful for what I have learnt about progression….
– ‘Progression not perfection’ is a common phrase and reminds me not to be harsh on myself when things don’t go as well as I hoped.
– It’s easy for me to use that same phrase as an excuse when in fact, if I am honest, I am actually regressing. ‘Regression not perfection’ doesn’t work!!
– Standing still or not developing is not progression.
– For me, ‘standing still’ and ‘not developing’ is dressed up regression. If I’m not slowly moving forward I am slowly and subtly moving backwards.
– Perfection will never be reached. That’s not a bad thing, it means there is no limit to my progression.
– When I reflect on my past, my progression is clear. One day at a time, it gives me hope for how much I could progress in the future.
– Progression requires consistent action.