Gratitude List 06/06/2019
Sometimes an experience really highlights how far I’ve come. Rewind a bit and this particular experience would have led to:
– having and instant resentment and a reaction of frustration, arrogance and judgement.
– a phonecall where I would’ve made things much worse.
– me lying awake thinking about all the things I should’ve said and all the proving points I should’ve put across.
– my subsequent mood effecting the loved ones around me who have nothing to do with it.
– an emotional hangover where I wished I hadn’t acted the way I did, whilst simultaneously justifying it.
Today I am grateful my experience wasn’t like the above but instead went something like this….
– first of all, the resentment itself wasn’t too strong – tolerance, consideration, understanding, humility and forgiveness had already kicked into action.
– there seemed to be a buffer in time between the harm and my reaction allowing myself to stay calm and composed.
– I didn’t call and make things worse, guidance came from within to wait until the morning.
– I slept peacefully.
– I awoke in a serene place, no hangover to contend with. Said my prayers asking how I can be of best use to those in my life.
– before I had a chance to call, the call came to me. I let them speak, they said what was needed. I didn’t need to rub it in.
– there was no expectation of an apology. It didn’t come completely. That’s their inventory not mine.
Today I am grateful, as a result:
– I am heading to work with a smile on my face and peace of mind.
– I haven’t made things worse.
– I haven’t made another feel like s**t. My ego could have easily done so.
– I remain connected to both the programme and my greater power which together continue to work miracles.
Today I am grateful for all the things that have made this transformation possible – see yesterday’s list – Not Mine