Gratitude List 14/08/2018
Slowly but surely I am becoming increasingly more aware of my ‘self’, in particular when it takes control. Recently, I can realise several times a day that my self-will has taken control as I often catch myself:
– scoffing my food down.
– rushing when there’s no need.
– leering at women in the street.
– not listening properly.
– procrastinating recovery work.
– spending money I don’t need to.
– not washing my hands properly.
– lacking tolerance and consideration.
– raising my voice and swearing.
– devising a plan in my head.
I know this is my self-will taking control because when I become aware I am currently finding the strength to connect and hand my will over. Today I am grateful for my growing awareness and for the results I get when I connect:
– I take my time and appreciate every bite.
– my breathing slows down and I relax.
– my head turns and I look the other way.
– I take in each word and understand.
– I pick up the phone, or a pen, or a book.
– I turn away from the shop and keep my change in my pocket.
– I take my time and use the soap.
– my calmness and composure return.
– I take a deep breath, lower my voice and choose my words wisely.
– I let go and await the right answer.